Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: a simple question

  1. #11
    Inactive Member DarkLord's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2000
    Posts
    344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Your points are right on the dot.

    hehe, but if anyone would look at the history of the United States its pretty simple as to WHY we are that way...

    ------------------
    "I say to our enemies: We are coming," said Sen. John McCain, R-Arizona. "God may have mercy on you, but we won't."

  2. #12
    Inactive Member *Leo the Lioness*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    September 30th, 2000
    Posts
    2,080
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Thumbs up

    schmearo-O i wasn't talking to or about you

    i think there shouldn't be any generalizations made k?.....differentiate between the leaders and its people, willya?....dont assume every single one of us agrees with what our country's decision-makers do, or that we're all alike.....would you wanna be judged based on your President or Prime Minister if you didn't feel they reflected you correctly?

    all those things you guys don't like about this place are things i have absolutely NO control over, we're all being lumped in there just cuz we live here and i dont really think that's fair

    right now i'm among the VAST minority of Americans who dont want us going to war....i dont agree with a lot more the politicians do, but i have to accept it if i want to live here

    as for the media coverage in all the rest of the countries around the world?? come on, how the hell do you think we can control that either? it's up to YOUR people what you guys see and i find it incredibly insensitive that you can whine and bitch about how much or how little attention everyone's tragedies get and how sick you are of hearing about it.....it's like suture said, we only get what we get, and then it's up to us to even turn on the correct channel, and i'm sorry, but i dont have the kind of time it would take to watch every country's news channels and be up on every sad and horrible thing that happens to everybody.......gimme a break

    *hugs belle cuz i know she loves me anyway biggrin*

    ------------------
    Say Anything.......
    Leo the Lioness' Anything Board

    "Father, father we don't need to escalate
    You see war is not the answer
    For only love can conquer hate"

    RIP those who died senselessly 9-11-01

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Xenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 3rd, 2001
    Posts
    257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    so sick of this convo already...its like beatin a dead horse...
    this is just me..you mess with innocent ppl,my fam and friends..youre on my shit list...everybody else im cool with..
    i could give two shits if your country's leader is having an affair...makes senseless laws,or even hates my country or leader and ppl..you cool with me,im cool with you biggrin tongue

    ------------------
    A life of reaction is a life of slavery,intellectually and spiritually.
    One must fight for a life of action,not reaction.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member LORD HIGH BEAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 1999
    Posts
    768
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    DL has a point. Might not like it much, but the fact is: The world is held together by the US. We are always there to help other countries. Our win/lose record of war is pretty damn impresive. As for not hearing about some of the stuff in other countries: the media.

    To answer john's question: Rev is gonna really have some fun. He's in the ARMY.

    ------------------
    From the foggy mists of the Medicine Bow Forest.

    First member of:
    Gangstas of Luv

    "Leave me alone don't want your promises no more,
    cause rock n roll is my religion and my law,
    won't ever change may think it's strange,
    you can't kill rock n roll it's here to stay."
    -Ozzy

  5. #15
    HB Forum Owner The Lady Belle's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 4th, 2000
    Posts
    2,933
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    *luvs Leo*.. wink

    And I agree..the people of a country are not like the government of a country..

    My God..just look at out Prime Minister..If we Aussies were anything like him..I'd migrate to the US..*L*

    ------------------
    Sounds of laughter..
    Shades of love...
    Death Defying

  6. #16
    Inactive Member John Clark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    93
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    HOLEY FUCKING SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    THE ARMY!!!!!!!!!
    What the hell does he do! My God Bin Laden does not have a snow balls chance in Hell!!!
    When did this happen? What does he do?
    I bet he's in a tank. I could picture him behind the sights of one of those giant cannons, smiling, yelling "remember the towers" as he blows those Taliban bastards to hell.

    In reality I bet he is terrified of what is coming and I hope he keeps his head down when the shooting starts, but I don't know who I pitty more.

    If I wasn't married I probably would have joined on 9/12. I don't want to die or kill, but I feel like I should be doing more then I am. People have already asked me what I would do if they brought back the draft. I scare most of them when I say "If I am called I will go, but I hope it wont come to that." It scared them because most of them were joking of ways to keep themselves or their children out of the military, but I take things like that seriously.

    I almost said that I hope he dosen't end up on the front line, but hell, I'm already on the "front line" in this war, so who am I to talk.

    ------------------
    "Beware the fury of a patient man"-John Dryden


    "What does it profit God to take the young, rending the cloth of his blessing undone?"-Griffin Silver

    "Nothing is certain but the unforeseen."-fortune cookie.

  7. #17
    Inactive Member John Clark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    93
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I forgot to ask the first time; Is he still keeping in touch with some of you guys? I would like to know if anything happens to him, or if he happens to any of them.

    ------------------
    "Beware the fury of a patient man"-John Dryden


    "What does it profit God to take the young, rending the cloth of his blessing undone?"-Griffin Silver

    "Nothing is certain but the unforeseen."-fortune cookie.

  8. #18
    Inactive Member LORD HIGH BEAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 1999
    Posts
    768
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I doubt rev will be on the front lines or anything like that. He joined way before any of the terrorist stuff went down. He said he was going for photo journalism.

    Nobody has heard from him since he left (about a couple months ago).

    ------------------
    From the foggy mists of the Medicine Bow Forest.

    First member of:
    Gangstas of Luv

    "Leave me alone don't want your promises no more,
    cause rock n roll is my religion and my law,
    won't ever change may think it's strange,
    you can't kill rock n roll it's here to stay."
    -Ozzy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •